Sunday, July 25, 2010

Seriously?


I just got my car back on Tuesday from the body shop. It was there for two weeks, being repaired from my accident. I was rear-ended, and pushed into the car in front of me. My front end was being repaired, but since the guy that hit me and caused the accident took off, I had to pay my $1000 deductible. OUCH. Peanut's wheelchair lift on the rear of my van has to be replaced by the insurance company, which is supposed to happen this week.

Okay so I got my van back Tuesday right? And some !(#&# hit me today!!! I can't believe it. I was on a main street, and he came from a side street and drove right into me. I saw him heading for the side of me, which is where Peanut sits right behind me. I jammed on my gas and he hit the back corner only, thank God!

We pulled over and the driver jumps out and his two passengers jump out and they are freaking. Turns out it's a buddy's car, and the guy driving has no license! They want us to tell the police that the owner was driving, even though he wasn't even IN the car at the time. We said no way, we would tell them the truth. One of the passengers ran and got the car owner from his apartment while we waited for the police. By the time the police got there, they had ALL run away except the car owner! The guy was pissed. The police said that the guy driving the car should go to jail, and that if the owner didn't go find his friend, his car would be towed. The guy ran around trying to find him, but couldn't. So his car got towed and will be impounded for 30 days. The policeman says it will be expensive to get it back.

Luckily, the owner of the car has insurance. Once the police report is done, I can give the information to my insurance company to get it repaired. So I won't have to pay a deductible this time, but HELL!!!! Damnit, it is not easy being without a car! I haven't even had it back for a week.

Man I was pissed! (Okay, AM pissed. Not WAS pissed. I'm still pretty damn pissed)

5 comments:

Adriane said...

Oh my gosh, that is INSANE! I'm glad you guys weren't hurt! Hopefully the fix will be a quick one.

The Henrys said...

That's unreal! I'm sorry this happened to you.

I had someone pull out in front of my once, and they were very prepared for an accident. They had reflective vests, and orange cones at the ready. Made me wonder if they planned the accident.

Lacey said...

Oh my gosh, seriously!! Maybe we don't want to live in Huntington, to crazy of drivers!
JK, Utah has the worst drivers ever! No one knows how to use their turn signal, and merging, I don't think they even teach that in drivers ed!

Unknown said...

Holy cow!! That is just insane.
I haven't ever been hit, but Ive hit a pole before....years and years ago. Well, can't be too long ago...im only 21!
But anyways, id freak if skye was in the car and we got into an accident, i pray that never happens.
i am glad he had insurance and you can once again get the car fixed!
ill keep you in our prayers!

Heather said...

What a BUMMER!!


So love Peanut's glasses and I SO wish you could have gotten in to Shields this month too.Are you still trying or just going to go to a colleague?