Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's plantar fascitis, a heel spur, and a ligament/tendon problem ...

Okay, so that's an xray picture I found on the internet. LOL But I did go for xrays today, and they did show what my doctor called "a massive heel spur". So the diagnosis is Plantar Fascitis and I was sent off to the medical pharmacy place to spend $80 on a night stretching splint thing and some heel cups. Ugh. :( If it doesn't feel better in a month or so, I am supposed to call back for a referral to a podiatrist.

My right hand is definately a ligament or tendon issue, and not a bone. I guess that's good news? Except that is is almost definately coming from the two growths on my ring finger, and she's concerned about that. I am headed to a hand therapist to see if some therapy alleviates the pain. If not, then she is sending me back to the hand surgeon. Ick. I've had surgery on this same finger before, and the thumb on this hand as well. Not looking forward to that again, so PLEASE pray that the therapy helps!

Now to get through Peanut's appointment tomorrow. Luckily it's just a "check up" and getting a referral started, nothing serious. Phew!

Now I am off to ice my poor heel. :(

7 comments:

Lori Osero said...

I hope the therapy works. I've had hand/finger surgery and I feel your pain. Never a dull moment! And I hope that Peanut's check goes well. Have a SAFE n Happy 4th. Thinking of you, take care!

Becky said...

Goodness...hope you feel better SOON!

Alicia said...

Now that just plain STINKS!! I feel your pain... literally. I've been dealing with some pretty major back spasms for a while. Ugh. We're too young to be broken already! ;-) Anyway, I hope you get to feeling better and the therapies work for you.

Hang on, the holiday weekend is fast approaching. Have a very Happy 4th of July!

Candace said...

Oh MAN! I have PF too! It's a killer! I'll tell you the best thing I have found to help me is the WalkFit orthotic insoles. They have interchangable arch supports and they are hard so they hold up! I get mine at BedBath and Beyond for $20 but if you sign up for their email list you can print off a 20% off coupon and get them for 16 bucks! I love them and couldn't live without them. I know how painful that stuff is!

Michelle and Sean said...

You've got a lot going on!! I'm glad things seem to slowly be getting answered. I hope you and peanut both start feeling better soon!!

~ Keara said...

I have plantar fasciiaitis and it's awful but after great physical therapy after Sarah's birth, I haven't had any problems with it since. I have to keep the ligaments on the bottom of my foot/back of my leg stretched out really well, but I have learned to do that. Good luck and let me know if you want any advice!

luna said...

I wonder how painful it is in the long run. I am starting to feel something in my feet right now and I hope it is not that serious.
heel spur symptoms