Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Knock on wood ....



This cute Peanut LOVES to sit in the rocker with Daddy. Check out the hair!

Still no seizures. The last one we saw was last Friday, so over a week ago. KNOCK ON WOOD! :) She has been SO happy all week. Smiling, hardly any crying, it's amazing. Obviously the seizures seriously affect her moods and behaviors. It makes me wonder how many she has that we don't see, in between the big ones!

I talked to the dentist about her loose teeth. He would like to pull them when they get super loose. Unfortunately, her insurance only allows one office visit every six months. So if we need to go in before November, we have to pay out of pocket! Ugh. She is scheduled to go to the OR on August 27th for a cleaning, xrays, and impressions .... if the teeth are still in by then he will pull them. I guess we'll see what happens. I don't think I could pull her tooth myself. :( I imagine we will be paying out of pocket at some point to get them pulled. I can't picture him able to get in there with her not sedated though - she doesn't let ANYONE in her mouth! We'll see what happens.

I have a doctor's appointment Friday morning to get a referral to a hand surgeon. I posted before that I was having a lot of pain with my right hand, now it's even worse. I can't brush my hair with that hand, can't hold a drink, can't turn the steering wheel. It's SO bad. I have a high pain tolerance, and this is getting to be too much. The hand therapist said I could do therapy twice a week but will need surgery regardless, and then of course more hand therapy. So we are just moving on to the hand surgery, and then therapy. Ugh!

Lastly, Peanut gets her reverse walker on Friday! I am Sooooo excited! She is getting a Crocodile walker with a snugseat. I can't wait! :)

7 comments:

The VW's said...

WOOHOO for no seizures!!! Praying this continues for you! Hugs!!!

Lacey said...

I love that girls crazy hair. What a relief with the seizures, knocking on wood!!

Denise said...

Love the picture with daddy...we don't get to see daddy much!! My middle daughter has the same pj's that Peanut is wearing. Woo hoo on no seizures!! Do you think you finally have the right medicine? Good luck with the teeth. I can't imagine trying to get in Ella's mouth like that....she still won't let me even put a toothbrush in.

Becky said...

I'm having hand issues too - SORRY! They are no fun. I'm happy to hear about no seizures though - keep it up!!!

Dawn said...

Congrats on the no seizures!!! There is just something about our kids.

Taylor still seizes constantly. This week has been "big seizures" week. But you know, they don't affect her happy, smiling mood. She just goes on about her business once she recovers. I'm so thankful for that.

Love the picture and with the way Taylor hates her hair washed, I'm glad she doesn't have the gorgeous head of hair that Peanut has.

Elizabeth said...

I feel like I've missed so much and feel terrible about that. I'm sorry to hear about your hand. Forgive me if you've already mentioned it, but have you tried acupuncture. My Chinese doctor is Venice/Mar Vista is unbelievable -- let me know if you'd like to speak with her.

It's so good to hear of your daughter's freedom from seizures this week. May that continue forever!

Adriane said...

I love your little girl's hair; so cute!!! I hope the dentist appointment goes well. I have actually heard of someone aspirating a tooth, so I guess it's better to get them pulled - although I would be sad/worried too.