Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Still no poop.

I gave Peanut two teaspoons of Miralax on Sunday and Monday. Still no poop. I was trying to remember the last time she pooped, because our nurses track that kind of thing. I have to be able to tell the nurse today when Peanut last pooped and honestly? The last one I remember was Monday. Not yesterday, but a week ago. That can't be right? I better try and rack my brain a bit more.

Either way, it's obviously been a while. I guess the two teaspoons of Miralax is not enough. I will go to three teaspoons, which is a tablespoon I believe? Hopefully she will poop soon. I guess a suppository is in her afternoon plans.

How much miralax do YOU use on your kid? How much do they weigh? I am afraid of increasing it too much and having never-ending poop, but I guess that's better for her than no poop.

How many times can I say poop in one blog post? :)

5 comments:

Lacey said...

I don't know teaspoons, we do capfulls, and there have been times were he was on a full capfull to make him poop. So don't be afraid to give her a full capfull.

The VW's said...

Can't help you, but I pray that it works soon! Thanks for the giggle!

Shan said...

We do it daily with Marie's bolus of water. She gets 1/2 cap per day and she's 23 pounds. There have been days that I've gone up to 3/4 cup when she's not moving things well. I'd say you're fixin' to have a blowout ;)

Alicia said...

I wish I could tell you something that would help. All I can do is pray for poop.

As for how many times you can say poop in one blog post, I was thinking about writing a post where all I say is poop over and over and over. Sounds fun, huh?

Praying for relief for your Precious Peanut.

John and Jenna Gensic said...

When Mikan needed Mirilax, the order was for 1/4 capful and he was about 13-14 lbs at the time. He only needed one 1/4 capful and then pooped all day. But Peanut is bigger and may clearly need more. What does your doctor say?

Jenna