Friday, May 1, 2009

Question for those with MicKey buttons

I watched a friend bolus her son food this week, through his mini button (not mickey). She put most in, and then it was clogged a bit. She pulled back, and most of what she had just given him came back into the big syringe.

I can't do that with Peanut's button. They have always asked me about residual, I can't get any. I have been experimenting this week even, and I can't get any! I put in her 100 ml of baby food mixture. Pull back with the empty syring. Nothing comes out!! But if I just put a syringe on with no plunger to vent her, air comes up.

Is this a MicKey button thing, or just a Peanut thing? We have never ever been able to pull anything back out of her stomach with it. It seems weird!

8 comments:

Michelle and Sean said...

Maggie has a MicKey button and all we do is hook up the syringe to it and undo the clamp and everything that went into her stomach for the last 2 or 3 hours comes out and then we hold it up and it goes back in. So I think it might be a Peanut thing. That sounds very interesting.

Ray said...

That is wierd, we have a mickey and I can get residual. Sometimes I do have to pull a little to get all the excess air and stuff, but it does come back, maybe it is a peanut thing. Silly girl.

Junior said...

we usually have some residual with Junior's and lots of air(he has a mini button also).
Thanks so much for stopping by our blog. Your little one is so cute and has a great smile.

John and Jenna Gensic said...

We've never had a problem pulling up residual with Mikan's MicKey button. I'm not sure what is going on with that.

Jenna

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Weird! I guess it's something to ask the GI about at our next appointment.

The VW's said...

I am able to get residuals with Gavin's mickey, but not all of the time. Peanut must have a VERY fast metabolism or something!

Shan said...

Marie always has residuals in her stomach but we have incredibly slow GI. Interesting... Whenever I put the vent on and unclasp it get air followed by residual or residual itself. I agree, maybe she's got a fast metabolism?

Keri said...

Sorry, no good advice here. Logan uses a BARD button. I don't know much about the Mic-Key.