Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ultrasound guided core needle biopsy


My left boob (sorry for the word, I normally call them my STUPID boobs LOL) was fine on the mammogram. My right boob however was not. You know, the boob that were did NOT have concerns with. It showed a small nodule, under one of my incision lines from my reduction. The radiologist said it was probably attached to the skin and was scar tissue, but wanted to do an ultrasound to be safe. The ultrasound actually showed that it's two nodules, and they are not attached to the skin. The radiologist said this is probably not scar tissue then, and it's rather concerning.

Tomorrow morning I go in for an ultrasound guided core needle biopsy. She explained that this hollow needle thing will chunk out rice size samples of my boob's interior. That the needle makes a click noise similar to an ear piercing gun. ACK! I am a nervous wreck. Not so much about the results (I'm convinced it's just some result of last year's breast reduction), but of this stupid biopsy procedure.

I wish I had someone to hold my hand! Luckily my parents are home from vacation now so my Mom can watch the kids while I go.

Fun times!

5 comments:

Lacey said...

Ah, I wish I was there right now and I would go in and hold your hand.

Alicia said...

I would certainly hold your hand if I were there. All I can really offer is my prayers for you. I am sorry you are going through this scary situation right now.

HennHouse said...

Seriously. Never a dull moment, right? When I was in my early 20s, I had a tumor removed from my right breast. It was not cancerous. It was scary. I'll be praying for you.

Michelle and Sean said...

Oh my gosh!! I am so sorry! I am praying for you that everything goes well.

Buttercup said...

My heart and prayers are with you. I had a surgical biopsy 18 years ago and blessedly all was well, but I was so nervous the night before. I can't give you my hand, but a hug goes across the miles.