Thursday, August 6, 2009

Does anyone have extra lancets or test strips?

Our insurance is denying them because Peanut has not been diagnosed with diabetes. She does have documented hypoglycemia because of her metabolic disorder. When I checked her blood today before hooking up her feeding pump, she was down to 57. It had only been 2 hours and 45 minutes since her last bolus of pedialyte!

Our friend gave us 10 test strips and 10 lancets. To buy more is expensive! Does anyone happen to have any laying around? We could desperately use them!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

what kind do you use my friend?

Timothy Ethan said...

What kind of glucometer do you have? I have a lot of the ultra fine lancets, if these would work for you. I know how hard and difficult it is to have to try to manage a special needs child who has diabetes and is unable to communicate how they are feeling. My son is a very britle diabetic. If you have any questions, need some advice, or just need to vent, yell my way, I'll help where I can and listen.

Donna

Lacey said...

Ok, our meter is a one touch ultra mini. I don't have lancets because I have one that we reuse that came with it. My test strips are one touch ultra test strips. The code on the side say's 9 if that means anything. I bet you could use these. We bought the monitor for Jax because on the ketogenic diet his glucose goes funky. But we haven't used it in a while and if I ever have to, I could buy more. There's about 20 left. Maybe I'll just bring them with me when we come down in a week?

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Hey! Kennedy has hypoglycemia too and our insurance won't cover them either. My mom works for Johnson & Johnson and we can get them VERY cheap if you're interested! I would be happy to give you her employee rate! Feel free to email me! (You should be able to just reply to my comment in your email box, or it's on my profile or my blog) :)