Monday, January 18, 2010

Digging out from under this week

Wow - having a sick Peanut takes every minute of every hour of every day! She doesn't want her nurses to cuddle her when she's sick, even though she loves them both to death. We have been blessed with two amazing nurses for almost two years now and they are like family. But when Peanut is sick, she wants "ma ma ma ma ma mom!". I can't say I blame her. :)

She is finally on the mend. Still getting decongestants around the clock and a bit rattly and snotty, but nothing scary anymore. We actually got through this one without a hospital trip. YEAH!!

Her Mitrofanoff hernia is starting to cause problems I'm afraid. The tract that we catheterize through seems really skinny now. And it seems to be uncomfortable when we cath it. She arches her back and wiggles and tries to get away. I guess I need to call back the urologist and ask him when we decide that surgery to fix it is necessary. I just hate the thought of another surgery. The mitrofanoff recovery was rough.

We have a busy week, and it is raining. We are at the very front of a HUGE storm coming through our area. This means I can't take Peanut's wheelchair anywhere, since our lift is on the outside rear of my van. Luckily we were given a wheelchair stroller, but it's not as comfortable or supportive for her. Tuesday/Thursday she always has PT/OT. I pick her up from school and take her, but I can't do that in the rain because I have her wheelchair. So I guess she will miss therapy, which makes three weeks in a row. Tuesday morning she has an appointment with the new pediatrician. I am actually really excited to meet her and introduce my Peanut to her. I am also a bit nervous, as is to be expected. Wednesday morning she has a GI appointment and an Orthopedics appointment. The GI is routine follow-up. The ortho is a follow-up to her hip xray six months ago. That xray showed hip dysplasia. The ortho said we could wait a year to re-xray and decide if she needs surgery. Her physical therapist insisted recently that we redo the xrays now, at only 6 months. She said the clicking we are hearing and the weight bearing issues are worse. Ugh. Hip dysplasia surgery scares me!

On top of that, my mother-in-law is here this week. It'll be nice to have an extra set of hands, but it's still another person to deal with. LOL

I'm ending this post with a picture of Peanut's foot I took last night. I saw a picture of Carter's toes when he was a baby, and how long they were. It made my think of Peanut's little toes. My Peanut has baby toes, and she's 6 years old! Look at these teeny toes. Her pinky toe is not even an inch long! She wears a size 6.5 shoe still - in the baby section. :) I love her little feet.

5 comments:

The VW's said...

Hope your busy week goes well! Glad to hear that Peanut is getting better! Her little piggies are adorable! Gavin has small feet too, he is 3 1/2 and wears a size 4 in the baby department. I LOVE little feet!

Cathy said...

I am so sorry for Peanuts issue with the mitranoff. Of course, i am reading closely. Even though it may not happen to Annabel I still like to keep up. I am praying things get better for you. Glad you have nurses you like. I love her little feetsie! Annbel will be five in march and she still wears a 3 1/2. Istby bitsy are our girls.

Lacey said...

i love Jax tiny feet to. He still wears newborn shoes. I love to kiss those piggys.

Colleen said...

Good news that Peanut is on the mend. No matter how amazing the nurses are, there's no one like Mama for the sickies! Those little feet are cute. Our guy just graduated to a baby shoe size 4. So teeny!

Team Carter Jay said...

Awwww! So cute! She does have tiny toes. I've never even tried putting shoes on C yet, so I have no idea what shoe size he is, but with his monster toes he's sure to be in adult sizes by the time he's six lmbo!