Thursday, March 26, 2009

No wonder we sedate her for MRI's!

Oh my gosh, I had no idea how loud and claustrophobic the MRI machine is! I had one today on my cervical spine and my hip. I have a pinched sciatic nerve and other mysterious pains in my right hip and leg, and my lower back. I know it's from carrying Peanut. I always carry her sitting on my right hip. It just doesn't work on my left hip! I've been going to PT for the pain for over a month with no relief, so I was sent for an MRI today.

Wow ... it's LOUD! And you have to lay perfectly still. In a position that was triggering the exact pain. OUCH! 17 minutes for the spine scan, and then 17 more minutes for the hip scan. I was practically in tears by the time they were done.

Now I understand why we sedate Peanut before we MRI her!!

2 comments:

HennHouse said...

Do you have the results?

We'll be praying.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

No results yet. Hopefully by tomorrow! The dr thinks I have a bulging disc or something. Waiting anxiously now for results.