Saturday, September 13, 2008

She's so sweet, even the bugs bite her!

Peanut has two big bites! One on her thigh, and on one the edge of her ear. The one on the thigh just looks like a normal mosquito bite (there are a bunch at her school playground). The one on her ear probably was the same, but now is quite swollen and red. We'll see how it looks in the morning, but I'm thinking I'll take her to the walk-in for some antibiotics. It definately looks worse than a normal bite. Since she can't tell me if it itches or hurts, I have to guess. She has been tugging on the ear all day, so I imagine it's not comfy.

Poor Peanut!

Editted to add: I ended up taking her to the Urgent Care. Her ear was hugely swollen, and there was a red streak heading from it down her neck. The dr diagnosed cellulitis, and started her on Keflex. I am to take her to our regular pediatrician on Tuesday, and to the ER if I notice it looking worse before then. Poor peanut! All this, from a mosquito bite!

1 comment:

The VW's said...

She IS sweet! I hope that it's getting better(her ear and cold), How miserable!

Thanks for visiting Gavin's site and for leaving us messages of support!

Love and hugs, Alicia and Gavin