Saturday, September 13, 2008

Entering flu season for sure

I spent 6 hours in the ER on Thursday with Peanut. She was so phlemy that she kept retching hard enough to throw up, and she couldn't keep down her formula or pedialyte. I took her in for IV fluids, and then we went home. Luckily her metabolic blood work looked good, or we would have been admitted.

Then we spent the day cuddling on the couch. Of course, that means Mommy is now sick too! There's no rest for a tired mommy. :(

This morning I decided to give her all her meds first, and then wait 30 minutes before giving her morning pedialyte. She immediately spit up the meds. I re-dosed her cold medicine, hoping to knock off the phlem at least. She has managed to keep that down, so I am going to attempt pedialyte.

As a Mom, I don't think I ever realized how many things I would do that are SO gross, yet have become second nature. Peanut is a big time retcher. She always retches and gags, and sounds like she's going to puke. I know the sound of stuff actually coming up, verses just sad retching. This morning I didn't have a towel nearby so while yelling for Monkey to bring me one, I cupped my hands and caught it all. ICKY!!!

It's going to be a long sick weekend. I need to run to WalMart and stock up on cold meds, and then do the regular diaper/soap/etc shopping. What I really WANT to do is take a long nap!!

Please keep Peanut in your thoughts. If she continues to spit up her pedialyte today, we'll end up back at the ER. :(

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Hugs from far away! I hope she surprises you and gets over it quickly!