Thursday, May 31, 2012

How it happened



Many people have asked me about Emily's last week, days, hours, minutes ... and I haven't been able to tell almost anyone.  This weekend, a very close and dear friend of mine (Hi Carol!) asked me and I told her.  I went over the last week, the last day, the last hour, the last minutes.  And it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would.  In fact, it feel good.  It felt good to talk about her last minutes and explain that they were peaceful.  That she was comfortable. 

(Insert some foul words and screaming here)

I just typed a HUGE entry.  I typed it all through tears and crying and then?  I hit some key and it disappeared.  I literally yelled "Oh no!!" and it's gone.  I will retype it soon, in word, and then cut and paste it here.  I can't believe it just deleted.  :(

6 comments:

charity said...

i hate when it gets deleted after you post a long blog

NickiS said...

I've done that SO many times.. I was piddling around on Blogger and found them in my saved drafts unexpectedly! Try looking there :)

Larkspur said...

I'm so sorry that happened!!

Anytime you are typing and accidentally delete everything (if it's not lost in your drafts folder) try hitting "control + z" on pc or command + z on mac and see if that brings back your text - before typing again - this is the "undo typing" command and sometimes works in various apps and stuff as well as in your regular word programs and such!)

Good luck!

Also, I love the handprint and footprint of your sweet girl!

Debbie said...

Sorry, so frustrating :(

Thinking about you often....((((!hugs)))))

Christy said...

Just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you. Sending you hugs...
xoxo

Pink (AKA Lucia) said...

The handprint and footprint of your wonderful daughter is so beautiful and looks so real, even down to the color. I love it! I am so sorry for your loss.