Thursday, July 28, 2011

Knock on wood ....


I spoke to the GI on the phone yesterday morning and we decided to wean off the Baclofen that was started to help with Emily's retching. I told her that we hadn't noticed a difference. Then my husband reminds me that Emily didn't wake up retching yesterday morning. She just woke up. It was such a NORMAL thing, that it didn't strike me as to how abnormal for her that was! This morning, no retching.

Could it be? I need the most gigantic piece of wood ever to knock on as I say that two mornings in a row she hasn't retched ..... KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

I just emailed the GI again to let her know that I am not weaning the Baclofen after all and perhaps it's working!!

We are going to try a gj-tube again for Emily. It will be placed by the GI herself during an endoscopy. This is a last ditch effort to get meds in Emily. Please cross your fingers, pray, turn in circles, and hope it works!

10 comments:

Junior said...

Yeah!!! for no retching.
Praying the GJ tube will work

Jamie said...

knocking on all wooden things and things that look like wood as well. Imitation wood products....
:)

I Just Love You said...

very good news, finally! i hope this continues for you and your family!

Cathy said...

My head is a big ole piece of wood so I will be knockin'!

Ang said...

yayy! I will definately pray for the mornings good to continue. What do you use for drainage bags. They look different then ours and I like how they are close to her body. I hate having 4 feet of tubing before it sucks it in :)

Alison said...

I hope this is the beginning of better times for your princess.

Jenny said...

Oh I so hope that this works. Praying for you all.

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

Praying for relief! Hope it works!

Alicia said...

I can't imagine what you have been going through for so long. All the back and forth, good moments on top of a string of bad days, so much hospital time. Constantly praying for you all.

Hugs...

ferfischer said...

Yay for no retching! I didn't get your email! Can you try again to a diff one? Colofisch at comcast dot net?