Saturday, November 7, 2009

Rash is worse now

(UPDATED TO ADD) - I just got off the phone with the neuro, he looked at this pictures in his email. He said it still looks okay to stay home. He gave me the warning signs to look for, for steven johnson syndrome. We are to watch closely for chapped lips or sores on her lips, and anything abnormal near her eyes or vagina. If anything like that pops up, we have to go to the ER. How much sleep do you imagine I'll get tonite? I am going to sleep on the floor in her room and set my alarm clock for every two hours. Looking up steven johnson syndrome online scared the crap out of me!




We gave her Benadryl at 12 noon, and he said to administer it every 8 hours. It's 7pm, so we have an hour to go. The first dose didn't help the rash at all, in fact it's much worse now. Any part of her that wasn't covered before, is covered now. And it's much brighter.

She was grumpy all afternoon, but we haven't seen any sores in her mouth, which is what he told me to look for.

I just put her to bed with her sleepytime meds (she won't fall asleep without drugs). I just emailed some pictures to the neuro, and paged him again. I'm worried about going to sleep, if the rash is getting worse.

7 comments:

Junior said...

lots of prayers for you guys, that rash really looks bad.

Lacey said...

Sheesh, lets hope that benedryl kicks in. I've heard steven johnson syndrome comes on pretty quick. Lets pray its not that.

Becky said...

Wow! I'm sorry this is happening your sweet girl. I know a kid who had the SJ syndrome - not a good thing to have. I hope and pray she's better today.

Bellismom said...

Glad the doctor said you guys could stay home for now. Praying that the rash does not get worse!

Alicia said...

Prayers for your Peanut to be doing better this morning!!

Timothy Ethan said...

Awww, Poor Little Peanut! It seems like there is always something going on medically with her. Praying that she feels better veeeery soon.

Special virtual Get Well soon (((Hugs))) for Peanut!

Donna

Unknown said...

Oh poor peanut! I hope that rash goes away soon and that you can stay away from the ER! Thinking of you guys!