Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lamictal Rash






The neurologist warned me about the possibility of a rash with Lamictal. He said that it could be really dangerous, and to call him immediately if we notice it. Today we are almost 2 weeks into Lamictal usage, and my Peanut woke up covered in a rash. I called him and he said to stop the Lamictal immediately and give her Benadryl every 8 hours. He mentioned that Benadryl can lower seizure threshold, added in with stopping the Lamictal, so to expect more seizures than normal. But hopefully the rash will go away.

He will call tomorrow, to see how it looks. If it gets worse, she gets a fever over 100, or develops mouth sores, we are to go straight to the ER.

I hate seizures!

3 comments:

Junior said...

so sorry to hear about the rash, poor Peanut sure hope it doesn't hurt or itch too much.

Kirsty said...

Well isn't that lovely?? Not. I'm so sorry, hope the rash goes away and she is spared any extra seizure activity.

Lacey said...

I hate seizures too. Damn seizures. Jaxson developed a rash about two weeks after starting a med too. How wierd that it took that long.