Saturday, August 13, 2011

Adding to the previous post., since it won't let me edit it!

blogger sucks.

(ETA) I realized that I posted this update from FB here, and didn't post before this. So we were told her stomach ultrasound showed possible kidney stones. Then we did an xray to confirm and it was shown that she has a possible obstruction or ileus in her intestines. So we did a CT scan, that showed a large abcess next to her bowel, with contrast in it, most likely caused by a small bowel perforation. So she was sent to ct scan guided surgery to drain the abcess and put a drain it. They called after 2 hours and said there is no abcess, the CT is showing a large loop of bowel. So no surgery, no answers, no relief. The GI says the radiologist that saw an abcess needs to talk to the radiologist that saw a loop of bowel and determine what the hell they are seeing.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You, Emily and your family are in my thoughts AND prayers. May you find answers; may Emily get relief from her pain and may all of you be at ease.

Araceli Sandoval (Brianna and Hailey's mommy) said...

Hi! thank you for the love and support on our blog. I just caught up on yours, Iam so sorry Emily is still having such a terrible time poor kid. We are still in the hospital too with no answers Im very close to pulling her out of CHOC and heading to CHLA. I will definitely be praying for you all for some relief, for some answers and for poor Em to feel better soon. Love always- Araceli PS: How can I find you on FB Id love to follow Emilys story more closely, if you want find me im under Araceli Sandoval-Reynoso I have a pic of Brianna hugging over Hailey my older girls head. LOVE YOU GUYS! Praying praying praying.

Shannon said...

Gahhh! This is killing me and she is not even my baby girl! I just feel terrible for you and Em to have to go through this. I cant stand to hear that she is in pain, especially to the extent that she is. It just breaks my heart every time.

I am hoping upon hoping for you to get some answers about her situation npand get her our of pain.

Oh the thought of it just brings tears to my eyes. love and prayers to all of you. Answers! We need answers!

TPPmommyof3 said...

Just popped in from seeing your post on Emerson's fb page. Praying for your precious Emily!!! I sure hope that there is an easy answer to the scans! She is just adorable!!

Jae Marie said...

Praying for this little gem of yours! Praying for ANSWERS and praying for relief!! Praying that He sends comfort to you and your family while you deal with these stressful unanswered questions!

can't wait to see pics of Emily's smile again!

Team Carter Jay said...

Praying like no other. I hope you can find some answers soon. <3

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

I went thru something like this with The Boy and it is so frustrating and frightening....it took about a month to find out he had a clot in his superior vena cava. Praying for a solution for sweet Emily and the right MD to find it.!