Monday, July 27, 2009

We're home!



I always forget how sucky hospital times are. Add in the strict no visitors policy and it's double hell! We got Peanut back on formula feeds, she is tolerating them fine. For now we are stopping the blenderized diet, to give her a chance to settle back down.




Her blood sugars were low during our stay, so I am waiting to pick up a glucose meter and test strips. I am NOT excited about doing this to her! Hypoglycemia is a symptom of her metabolic disorder, but it is one that she has never had before unless she was REALLY sick. She was not symptomatic at the times that they tested her yesterday, but her sugars were still low. We'll see if they stabilize now that she's home and better, or if she's truly having episodes.




After two days of IV's only, the retching stopped and she was fine. Her blood counts were all fine, but they are still saying it must have been some sort of virus. Whatever it was, I am glad it's over!




Thank you for the posts and prayers. I really appreciate them! And to Emily's mom from The Tender Scribe - I got the cross. It is SO amazing! Did you make it yourself?? It's gorgeous.

8 comments:

HennHouse said...

Always with a smile... she is so precious!

I'm glad it is over, too. Still praying.

Alicia said...

Look at that smiley beautiful Peanut!! Gorgeous!

I am so glad you are home. :)

Lacey said...

You'll have to tell me sometime if you like CHOC. Jax was there for 3 days and I din't like it at all. The nurses we had were clueless. they had never heard of tendergrips. I'm like, what do you keep oxygen on baby's faces with.
We are coming down again in the middle of August. We should meet somewhere. Its taking us a while to decide what we're doing, because we may not have much time, hopefully I can get it planned soon.

paparazzimom said...

She is so amazing... smiling that huge beautiful smile through it all. I'm glad you are home and she is doing better. ((HUGS))

The VW's said...

Glad to hear that you are home! Praying that she continues to improve and feel better! You'd never know she wasn't feeling well.....look at that smiling face! What a sweet little trooper! HUGS!!!

Lacey said...

Maybe thats why I didn't like it. Neuro was why we were there. A neurologist we went to see there wanted him admitted for tests. No tests were done, and the neuro that came and saw him on the last day was so old that he was shaking. And he thought Jax tone was typical for DS. I was like, your crazy, downs kids that are two can sit up.I was disappointed because I'd heard so much great stuff about the hospital. I guess I need to go there for heart or something else.
We are going to go to Disneyland for at least one day. Thats probably all we'll have time for this time. We are only coming down for about 5 days. I want to do Universal this time too. We haven't been there in a long time.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

SO glad you guys are home and it was nothing more serious!!! Hospital stays are never fun!! We know those red wagons well!

Unknown said...

Glad to see that peanut is out of the hospital. She looks so happy with all those smiles!