Friday, October 21, 2011

Admitted again

Emily had an amazing birthday party. So many of our special friends made it and she got some lovely gifts. We are very lucky to have so many great people who love our girl! The next day we went to the Mattel Children's Hospital Party on the Pier, and it was a blast. Wednesday Emily had outpatient surgery to scope her Mitrofanoff and dilate it. They did a ton of bloodwork beforehand, and they called Thursday morning to say that she had a positive blood culture. So in we went to the ER, for repeated cultures. I've been told already that the repeat culture was positive as well. I haven't seen any doctors today, so I don't know the plan. No one has started her on antibtotics yet, so I don't know what the stay will be like. It would be great to go home wit IV antibiotics, but with her history of sepsis with no fever, I doubt they will let us. Please keep Emily in your thoughts and prayers. This is admit 19 I believe, since March of this year. It's a lot for one little girl!

8 comments:

The VW's said...

19 hospitalizations since March?! You and Emily deserve an award.....and a vacation! Hang in there! Thinking of you both, and praying! Hugs!!!

Alison said...

So glad she had a great party.
19 hospitalizations??? Wow - that is a lot! Praying for you all.

Buttercup said...

Happy that the party was lots of fun. Continuing prayers for Emily's health and a hug for you!

Elizabeth said...

And a lot for one tired mama. Emily and you and your family are always in my prayers. May you have ease.

Christy said...

Thinking of you all and hoping it won't be a long stay.

xoxo,
Christy

Adriane said...

I'm glad you guys were able to have a great party between all the rough times.. Happy birthday Emily!

Brad and Amy said...

Just popped by to say "hello" and saw your post about Emily's birthday. I'm so glad that it was a good day!

I'm sorry to hear that you guys are in-patient again. There's no way around it - that just plain stinks. I hope you can go home soon, if you haven't already.

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

Praying. Keep us updated. I pray this is not a loooong hospitalization.