Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Trying a med wean ....

My peanut is on so many medications, and most of them are for her GI problems. I hate giving her so many meds each day, some of them 2 and 3 times a day! I talked with the GI and he wanted me to try and wean her of Neurontin. It's a seizure med, but it's used to help with neuropathy. They have determined that is the reason for her screaming fits in the past, whenever she was fed or was pooping. The stomach and intestines were interpreting any and all feelings as pain.

Now that we have isolated the Beneprotein (whey) and soy as intolerances, he wants me to try her off Neurontin. He thinks perhaps those things were causing the problems.

So ... we're on day 2 of no Neurontin. The first night she was up screaming for a bit, but she does that occasionally. So we are not counting it as a problem. Last night she slept her normal amount.

We'll see how she does. Cross your fingers, I'd love to take even this one medication off her list!

2 comments:

Anxious AF said...

Oh I hope it works, I remember when we took Alex off his daily antibiotic after an entire year of it how good it felt......My fingers are crossed!

Alicia said...

Praying for good results!

Alicia