Saturday, November 26, 2011

Getting ready for the holidays and cleaning house

I am trying to take advantage of Emily being home from the hospital to get our house cleaned up. It is absolutely embarassing what it looks like right now. We had some friends over last weekend (hi Lacey!) and I realized after they left how horrible my house looks right now. It seems like we are never home long enough to complete a project. Mainly what I do is just organize the crap wherever it is, and try to keep the house functioning. What I am going to start this week is really CLEANING. Not just putting things in neater piles, but finding a home or organizing system for the things. Taking more stuff to Goodwill. Giving more things away. Selling some things we don't need anymore, to make a little extra holiday money.
While doing that, I am soaking up Emily. She is doing pretty good this week! KNOCK ON WOOD she has done well since we came home from the hospital this last stay. She is still on TPN 100%, gets medications in her j-tube, and her g-tube drains to gravity 24 hours. It's actually a gj-tube, although we are discussing with the GI putting in a seperate j-tube sometime in the near future. She relies on a LOT of medications to get through the day happily and without retching and crying all day, but it is what it is. When she is happy and smiles at you and wants to cuddle, it makes every rough moment disappear.
Jacob is doing great as well. We get his grades via email each week, and I can always keep tabs on him. His lowest grade right now is a B+. That makes my mommy heart so happy. He is such a well adjusted, smart, amazing little man. He still takes tennis lessons twice a week and is getting really good at it. It's like watching a real tennis game when they play!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at my parents house. The food was all delicious, and I am eating leftover Oreo cheesecake as I type this. Yum! It was great to be out of the hospital and surrounded by family and love. We took the kids to Legoland yesterday, and it was so much fun. Emily was able to go on almost every single ride, including the roller coasters! It was a great family day. Hopefully we will continue to be HOME and celebrate the rest of the holiday season here. We pulled down all the Christmas boxes this evening, and will start decorating tomorrow. I love Christmas decorations!
I hope everyone is doing good. I am behind on reading blogs and commenting and catching up. Hopefully I will have time to do that this week, in between laundry/cleaning/Emily. :)

8 comments:

Heather said...

Those who love you do not care what your house looks like or whether you have been by their blogs. We all know you are busy, crazy busy and enjoying home, and the fact that Emily is happy and smiling and cuddling, well, to me, that is all that matters!

Love form Miss Z and the entire Needham clan!

Colleen said...

So glad you are getting those precious moments home with your girl. Enjoy every minute of it!

caregiver91 said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going OK for you right now. I love that sweet smile on Emily's face. I know you enjoy every minute with her when she is happy and smiling. Continuing my prayers for you. I too will be decorating for Christmas this week. I love it as well.

Cammie Heflin said...

I absolutely LOVE the pix of Emily smiling! Makes a heart happy! My house is always a mess it seems and I have come to find out that people who really care about us don't care (except my mother of course!) I never mind if people's houses are messy, just means they have a wonderful busy life (unless they are on Hoarders!)

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

So happy to read this post it brought tears to my eyes and Emily looks wonderful!

Team Carter Jay said...

so glad Emily is doing well this week. Enjoy it! She's a sweetie!

Posh Totty said...

Please to read that Emily is doing well, I hope she continues to do so for a while yet too Xxx

Daniel said...

Your Emily is so beautiful. Your family is so blessed to have this little girl in your life. My prayers are with you in this time of need.