Sunday, September 4, 2011

An update from Club Med ...



Emily has been inpatient for almost 4 weeks straight now. She has battled two blood infections, a urinary tract infection, a line removal and a line placement, multiple xrays/CT scans/ultrasounds/labs/cultures/etc. She is still dependant on the pain pump to get through her days. We are supposed to start her on an oral med though her j-tube, in order to get her off the pain pump. Unforunately no one at this hospital is an "authorized prescriber" of the drug. What the hell - are we really putting something this serious and scary in my tiny little princess?

In the meantime, we hang out here day after day. School starts on Wednesday. I will be home with Jacob Tuesday night and Wednesday for her first day, and then back to the hospital. He will be shuffled around from friend to family member to friend and back again, as we try to keep his life as normal as possible. Luckily he doesn't have tennis lessons this week, so it's one less thing to stress about.

Yesterday, Jacob and I went to this amazing place called Nurtured by Nature, thanks to the Starlight Foundation. We go to meet and play with armadillos, porcupines, snakes, and otters. It was INCREDIBLE! I am so thankful for a day of fun with my boy, he so often gets skipped over when Emily is in crisis.



Thank you to everyone who has helped us in any way. Financially, emotionally, physically, spiritually. If you would like to donate to our ChipIn fund still, please CLICK HERE!

8 comments:

Junior said...

Sara, you are all in our prayers. Hug Emily for us.

Eric Fischer said...

It is simply unbelievable what Emily and you all have to go through. My warmest wishes for the future to unfold brighter.

Heather said...

Sending love my friend. Lots of it. Hoping for home and if not soon.. I WILL GET DOWN THERE. PROMISE.But home would be better, wouldn't it?

Alison said...

So sorry to hear your little peanut is having such a hard time.

Praying for you all.

Buttercup said...

All of my prayers are with you! So glad you had a fun day with Jacob.

Jamie said...

Breaking my Heart! Oh Miss Emily there has to be some relief for you soon! Lots of good thoughts and madie kisses sent your way. (I am smitten by those curls by the way.)

caregiver91 said...

I'm keeping you and your family, especially precious Peanut in my prayers. She stole my heart the moment I saw her picture, she's such a beautiful child. Prayers for peace and comfort coming your way.

Pink (AKA Lucia) said...

Is that a beautiful skunk Jacob is petting? I think skunks are so cute as long as they have been de-scented! Sounds like your boy is having a great day!