Sunday, April 10, 2011

In again ....



(I need to state first for the record, that the picture above is a bit deceiving. Emily looks like she has a little paunch belly, doesn't she! She is really skin and bones, this was bloating. I wish her tummy was round like that!)

Emily had her VNS surgery on Wednesday, everything went great with that! She was in recovery for about an hour and a half, and we were discharged. Then Thursday morning she woke up retching and gagging. Her home nurse gave zofran through the g-tube, she retched it up immediately. She redosed it, and it managed to stay down. So 20 minutes later her nurse gave all her morning meds, and she retched them up. In between all this she had three explosive diapers, so things weren't good. We immediately packed up and headed to the ER. Good thing I had her nurse with me to sit in the row with Emily, so she could suction her as needed while I drove.

We are back in the hospital, still with her gut shutdown completely, still with no answers. We did xrays, ultrasounds, more xrays, and more ultrasounds. They found a lesion/cyst/something on her gallbladder. We are waiting until tomorrow (Monday) and then going to do an MRI. The doctors have to contact her neurosurgeon first to get the proper information on how to do the MRI now that she has a VNS implanted. Once we get the MRI results we'll know more. They warn me that this may have nothing to do with what is going on .. that she could have a congenital cyst that's been there forever ... or it could be "the answer". Who knows. Depending on what it shows and how she does, the GI might redo the Upper GI, this time doing a small bowel follow-through as well.

I am exhausted. We have been in and out and in and out of hospitals non-stop lately. I am so sick, bad head cold with sinus headaches. The stress, poor eating, and bad sleep aren't helping the situation.

Please pray that they get to the bottom of these problems soon. My little girl is being SO good in the hospital, but how much can we all take? When she's not nauseas or in pain, she is her normal smiling self. She has all the nurses wrapped around her little finger. They literally argue over who gets her case each day. I am so glad that people love my girl!!! I just hope we are done with this soon.

13 comments:

Buttercup said...

You are all in my prayers!

I Just Love You said...

i just love her wild hair...hoping they find answers soon.

Cathy said...

I love to see her adorable smile. I am praying she can string some healthy out of the hospital days together. Praying you feel better soon also. Thank you for updating the blog. I do go on facebook more just trying to find out updates.

Elizabeth said...

I hope this is resolved soon and that you get a chance to take care of yourself and get well. My prayers and good thoughts are always directed toward you and Emily --

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

I am relieved to hear from you but sorry you are back in again. Praying for the answer!

Colleen said...

Oh goodness, that girl is keeping you on your toes! I'm sorry you are having to go through this and I hope that they can find the answers soon. I will be praying for her and that you can all catch a break!

Junior said...

you and your sweet girl are in our prayers.

Rebecca Jackson said...

Praying for you both! Hang in there Mama! You're doing great!

Team Carter Jay said...

Praying! <3

The VW's said...

Praying for both of you! Love and Big Hugs!!!

Pink (AKA Lucia) said...

I am sorry to hear that she's back in the hospital. But she has a wonderful smile! I will continue to keep her in my thoughts, and hope the VNS implant helps!

HennHouse said...

Praying.

Lacey said...

Its funny how you almost feel guilty when your child has done well for a while. Jax hasn't been in the hospital since we were in Ukraine. Although I know he's not well, he's super puffy, so I know his veins are causing problems, he's still home.
I just remember going in and out of the hospital, and having ER visits every other day. It just plain sucks! Praying the MRI can get done and hopefully some answers!
Thats what I worry about with the VNS. He gets MRI's of his chest and brain almost yearly.